If you're planning a visit to Broomhill Sands, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Beach – Broomhill Sands is a small shingle beach near Rye, East Sussex, just off the A259. It is a great place for swimming, sunbathing, beachcombing, and exploring.
- Picnic at the Nature Reserve – Broomhill Sands Nature Reserve is a small area of protected land next to the beach, full of wildlife and wildflowers. Bring a picnic and enjoy the peace and quiet of the reserve.
- Wander Through Rye – Rye is a charming medieval town just a few miles away from Broomhill Sands. Visit the cobbled streets, art galleries, and quaint cafes.
- Browse the Local Markets – Pick up some fresh local produce, handmade crafts, and antiques at the local markets in Rye, Winchelsea, and Hastings.
- Cycle the Marshland Trails – Enjoy the scenic countryside by bike. The Marshland Trails are a network of pathways and trails, providing access to the rolling landscape of the Sussex Marsh.
- Explore Camber Castle – Camber Castle is a well-preserved 16th-century castle, located on the edge of Rye Bay. Explore the ruins and enjoy the views of the surrounding countryside.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip from Rye and explore the wildlife of the Romney Marshes. Look out for birds, seals, and other wildlife.
- Visit the Wildlife Park – Enjoy a day out at the Drusillas Park Wildlife and Adventure Park, just a few miles away from Broomhill Sands.
- Golf at the Royal Cinque Ports – Hit the greens at the Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club, a championship golf course with stunning views of the surrounding countryside.
- Enjoy the Views at Brede High Woods – Brede High Woods is a beautiful woodland just a few miles away from Broomhill Sands. Enjoy the views of the woodlands and the nearby towns and villages.
- Browse the Local Shops – Browse the local shops in Rye and Winchelsea, including antique and craft shops, as well as traditional pubs and cafes.
- Visit the Local Vineyards – Sample some of the local wines at the local vineyards, including the nearby Chapel Down Winery.
- Visit the Ruins of Winchelsea – Visit the ruins of Winchelsea, a once-thriving medieval port, and explore the ancient streets and buildings.
- Take a Tour of the Battle of Hastings Site – Take a tour of the Battle of Hastings site and learn about the famous battle that took place in 1066.
- Visit the Historic Town of Battle – Visit the historic town of Battle, home to the famous Battle Abbey, and explore the ruins and grounds.
There are many things to see and do near Broomhill Sands. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!