If you're planning a visit to Itchenor, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visiting Itchenor Sailing Club – Located on the banks of Chichester Harbour, Itchenor Sailing Club offers a range of activities for all levels of sailors, from complete beginners to experienced racers. On site facilities include a clubhouse, bar and restaurant, plus a range of sailing dinghies, keelboats, catamarans and windsurfers.
- Exploring Chichester Harbour – Chichester Harbour is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with a range of wildlife, including seabirds, seals, and otters. The harbour is also home to a number of picturesque villages, with plenty of pubs and restaurants. Boat trips are available to explore the harbour and its many islands.
- Walking the Chichester Harbour Trail – The Chichester Harbour Trail is a circular route that takes in the Harbour's main sites, including Itchenor, Bosham and Thorney Island. There are also plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife and take in the stunning views.
- Birdwatching at Chichester Harbour Conservancy – Chichester Harbour Conservancy is a wildlife reserve located in the heart of the harbour. The area is home to a variety of bird species, including waders, wildfowl, and seabirds. The Conservancy also offers guided walks, lectures, and events throughout the year.
- Taking a Trip to Bosham – Bosham is a charming village located on the south bank of Chichester Harbour, just a few miles from Itchenor. There is a range of activities to enjoy in the village, including a picturesque harbour, a range of shops and galleries, and a parish church dating back to the 11th century.
- Relaxing at Chichester Marina – Chichester Marina is a popular spot for boaters, with plenty of facilities, including moorings, a bar and restaurant, and a fuel dock. There are also plenty of leisure activities to enjoy, such as fishing, sailing, and kayaking.
- Visiting Fishbourne Roman Palace – Fishbourne Roman Palace is a well-preserved Roman villa located just a few miles from Itchenor. The palace dates back to the 1st century and is one of the largest and most important Roman villas in Britain. Visitors can explore the palace's mosaics, gardens, and baths.
- Exploring West Wittering Beach – West Wittering Beach is a stunning stretch of sand and shingle located just a few miles from Itchenor. The beach is popular for walking, swimming, and sunbathing, and offers plenty of opportunities to spot wildlife and take in the beautiful views.
- Taking a Boat Trip to the Isle of Wight – The Isle of Wight is just a short boat trip away from Itchenor. The island is home to a range of attractions, including stunning coastal walks, nature reserves, and a number of historic towns and villages.
- Visiting Chichester Cathedral – Chichester Cathedral is a magnificent Norman building located in the centre of Chichester. Visitors can explore the cathedral's rich history, admire the stained glass windows, and take in the stunning views from the top of the tower.
- Exploring the South Downs National Park – The South Downs National Park is located just a few miles from Itchenor. The area is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, foxes, and badgers, and is a great spot for walking, cycling, and horse riding.
- Taking a Trip to Arundel Castle – Arundel Castle is a stunning castle located just a few miles from Itchenor. The castle is home to a range of attractions, including a museum, a stately home, and beautiful gardens. Tours are available to explore the castle's history and architecture.
- Enjoying a Meal at The Ship Inn – The Ship Inn is a traditional pub located in the village of Itchenor. The pub offers a range of traditional dishes and local beers, as well as a range of activities, such as live music, open mic nights, and quiz nights.
- Shopping at Chichester – Chichester is home to a range of shopping options, from independent boutiques and craft shops, to larger high street stores. The city centre also has a range of restaurants, cafes, and pubs.
- Visiting Goodwood House – Goodwood House is a stunning stately home located just a few miles from Itchenor. The house is home to a range of attractions, including a racecourse, a golf course, and a motor circuit. There are also a range of events held at the house throughout the year.
There are many things to see and do near Itchenor. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!