If you're planning a visit to Middleton-on-Sea, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit a Local Museum – Middleton-on-Sea boasts a wealth of local history and its museum offers visitors a great chance to learn about the area's past. Located in the town's old library building, visitors can explore the museum's many exhibits, ranging from local archaeology to World War One memorabilia.
- Explore the Beachfront – Middleton-on-Sea's beach offers stunning views out over the English Channel, making it a popular spot for walkers and cyclists alike. Take a leisurely stroll along the promenade, enjoy the sunshine and take a refreshing dip in the sea.
- Go Nature Spotting – Middleton-on-Sea is home to a number of nature reserves, each offering visitors a chance to experience the area's beautiful flora and fauna. Head to nearby Pagham Harbour to spot a number of species of bird, or explore the nearby Tillingham Valley to spot wildflowers and butterflies.
- Visit a Local Farm – Middleton-on-Sea is surrounded by a number of farms, each offering visitors a unique insight into rural life. Explore the barns, meet the animals, and take a tractor ride around the farm.
- Enjoy a Meal Out – After a day of exploring, head to one of the town's many restaurants to enjoy a delicious meal. Sample some of the local seafood, or try the traditional Sussex dishes.
- Shop till You Drop – Middleton-on-Sea's high street is home to a range of independent shops, all offering something different. Pick up a souvenir, browse the vintage stores, or find yourself a bargain at one of the town's weekly markets.
- Take a Spooky Tour – Explore the town's darker side on a ghost tour of Middleton-on-Sea. Follow the guide to some of the most haunted sites in the area, learn about the history of the town and hear some of the spine-tingling stories.
- Enjoy a Day at the Races – Middleton-on-Sea is home to an excellent racecourse, offering a range of horse racing and other events throughout the year. Enjoy an afternoon of fun, place a bet and cheer on your chosen horse.
- Play a Round of Golf – Head to Middleton-on-Sea's golf course and enjoy a round of golf in beautiful surroundings. The course offers 18 holes of golf, plus a driving range and putting green.
- Take a Boat Trip – Take a boat trip out from Middleton-on-Sea and explore the coastline. Choose from a variety of trips, from shorter sightseeing trips to longer trips that take in the sights of nearby Brighton.
- Visit a Local Park – Enjoy a day out in one of Middleton-on-Sea's local parks. Take a stroll through the landscaped gardens, or explore the park's many trails.
- Tour a Brewery – Take a tour of the nearby Harveys Brewery, the oldest independent brewery in England and learn about the brewing process. Sample some of the beers and pick up a souvenir from the brewery shop.
- Watch a Performance – Middleton-on-Sea's local theatre, the Regal, offers a range of performances throughout the year, including plays, musicals and comedy acts. Enjoy a night out at the theatre and experience some of the town's culture.
- Go Shopping – Middleton-on-Sea's high street is home to a range of shops, from independent boutiques to larger department stores. Spend the day browsing the shops and pick up a few souvenirs to take home.
- Climb a Bell Tower – Climb the steps of St. Nicholas Church's bell tower, where visitors can take in beautiful views of the town and surrounding countryside.
- Take a Cycle Tour – Take a cycle tour of the town and its surrounding area. Follow the cycle path along the seafront and explore the coastal villages.
There are many things to see and do near Middleton-on-Sea. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!