If you're planning a visit to Saltdean Beach, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Enjoy a Picnic – Pack a picnic lunch and head to the beach. Enjoy the beautiful views while spending some quality time with loved ones.
- Visit Saltdean Lido – A Grade II listed building, the Saltdean Lido is an outdoor swimming pool located on the beachfront. Take a dip in the pool or simply admire the art-deco building.
- Check Out the Sea Life Centre – Located on the beachfront, the Sea Life Centre is a great place to explore the underwater world. See a variety of sea creatures, from sharks to sea horses.
- Go Hiking – Take a walk along the Sussex Downs, with spectacular views of the sea and the countryside. Stop for a picnic or explore the many walking trails in the area.
- Experience the Nightlife – Take in the vibrant nightlife of Saltdean Beach. Visit one of the many bars, pubs and clubs and make some new friends.
- Explore the Museum – Learn more about the local area and its history at the Saltdean Museum. From fossils to the local wildlife, there is something for everyone.
- Take a Boat Trip – Head out to the sea on a boat trip and explore the local coastline. Take in the stunning views and admire the wildlife.
- Visit the Pavillion – Take a trip back in time at the historic Pavilion. This art-deco building is a must-see attraction and is a great place to take pictures.
- Play Golf – Visit one of the local golf courses and spend a few hours playing a round. Enjoy the scenery and have fun with friends.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens – Explore the beautiful botanical gardens and take in the stunning views. Admire the exotic plants and flowers and take a peaceful stroll.
- Go Shopping – Shop till you drop at one of the many shops in the area. From souvenirs to clothing and jewelry, you will find something for everyone.
- Dine Out – Enjoy a delicious meal at one of the local restaurants. From seafood to traditional British cuisine, there is something for everyone.
- Go Horse Riding – Take a ride on the beachfront and admire the views. Enjoy the fresh air and explore the local coastline.
- Participate in Water Sports – From surfing to sailing, there is something for everyone. Enjoy the waves and have some fun in the sun.
- Visit the Local Market – Take a trip to the local market and browse the stalls. Sample some of the local delicacies and pick up some souvenirs.
There are many things to see and do near Saltdean Beach. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!