If you're planning a visit to Eastbourne, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach Activities – Eastbourne is a seaside town, so there are plenty of beach activities to do. From swimming and sunbathing to building sandcastles and kite flying, Eastbourne beach is the perfect place to spend a summer's day.
- Eastbourne Pier – Stroll along Eastbourne Pier and take in the stunning views of the sea. Enjoy a cup of tea or ice-cream at the pier café, ride the rides, or take a photo with the iconic red telephone box.
- Eastbourne Bandstand – Enjoy a traditional band concert with a spectacular view of the sea at Eastbourne Bandstand. Listen to a variety of music, including brass bands and orchestras, while taking in the beautiful landscape.
- Eastbourne Miniature Steam Railway – Take a ride on a miniature steam railway. Enjoy a scenic journey around the park and take in the sights and smells of the steam engine.
- Eastbourne Downland – Take in the stunning views of Eastbourne Downland, a Site of Special Scientific Interest. Enjoy a leisurely walk on the South Downs Way and keep an eye out for the local wildlife.
- Eastbourne Seafront Promenade – Take a stroll along Eastbourne Seafront Promenade, a Victorian-style promenade lined with palm trees, colourful beach huts, and houses. Watch the sun set over the sea as you take in the sights of Eastbourne.
- Eastbourne Sovereign Harbour – Take a boat trip around Eastbourne Sovereign Harbour. Enjoy the stunning views of the harbour and its marina, or take a stroll along the pier and admire the boats.
- Eastbourne Country Park – Enjoy a peaceful walk in Eastbourne Country Park. The park is home to a variety of wildlife and plants and has a network of trails to explore.
- Eastbourne Beachy Head – Take a walk along Beachy Head, a chalk headland with stunning views of the English Channel. Enjoy the spectacular views of the sea and the Seven Sisters cliffs.
- Eastbourne Redoubt Fortress – Visit Eastbourne Redoubt Fortress, a former fortification built in 1804 and now a museum. Take a tour of the fort and learn about its history.
- Eastbourne Towner Art Gallery – Visit the Eastbourne Towner Art Gallery, a museum and art gallery showcasing works of art from around the world. Enjoy the changing exhibitions and browse the permanent collection.
- Eastbourne Pier to Pier Walk – Take a walk along the Pier to Pier Walk and enjoy the stunning views of the sea. Take in the sights of the Eastbourne Pier and the Sovereign Harbour and take a break for a cup of tea at one of the many cafes along the way.
- Eastbourne Martello Tower – Visit the Eastbourne Martello Tower, a 19th-century fortification built to defend the coast from French invasion. The tower is now open to the public and offers stunning views of the coastline.
- Eastbourne South Downs Way – Take a walk along the South Downs Way and enjoy the stunning views of the East Sussex coast. Take in the sights of the rolling hills and the lush countryside, and take a break for a picnic along the way.
- Eastbourne Museum – Visit the Eastbourne Museum and explore the history of Eastbourne. Enjoy the interactive exhibits and learn about the town's heritage.
There are many things to see and do near Eastbourne. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!