If you're planning a visit to Chichester Harbour, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Walking – Chichester Harbour offers some excellent walking routes. The Chichester Harbour Conservancy runs guided walks and cycling trips, and there are several circular walks available.
- Birdwatching – The harbour is an important habitat for a wide range of birds, from wildfowl such as mute swans, greylag geese, and gadwall, to waders such as lapwing and oystercatcher.
- Boating – Boating is a popular activity in Chichester Harbour. There are a range of services available including boat hire, sailing courses, and other watersports.
- Fishing – Chichester Harbour is a great place for anglers, with plenty of spots to catch sea bass and flounder.
- Windsurfing – The harbour is a great place for windsurfing, with plenty of open water and consistent winds.
- Kayaking – The harbour is also an ideal spot for kayaking, with plenty of sheltered creeks and inlets to explore.
- Exploring the Islands – Chichester Harbour has several islands, including Thorney, Pilsey, and Chidham. These can be explored by boat, or on foot at low tide.
- Visit the Chichester Harbour Visitor Centre – This centre provides visitors with information on the harbour and its wildlife, and offers a range of educational activities.
- Visit the Chichester Harbour Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – This area is home to a diverse range of wildlife, and provides stunning coastal views.
- Visit the Chichester Harbour Festival – This annual event celebrates the harbour with music, food, and activities for all the family.
- Visit Cobnor Activities Centre – Located on the banks of the harbour, this centre offers a range of watersports, including sailing, kayaking, and windsurfing.
- Take a Cruise – Several companies offer boat trips around the harbour, including guided wildlife cruises.
- Visit Fishbourne Roman Palace – This ancient palace is one of the largest and most impressive Roman remains in Britain.
- Visit the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum – This museum offers a unique insight into rural life in the past, with a variety of buildings and activities to explore.
- See the Chichester Cathedral – This beautiful cathedral is the oldest building in Chichester, and is home to a range of historic works of art.
- Visit the Chichester Festival Theatre – This award-winning theatre hosts a range of productions, from musicals to plays.
There are many things to see and do near Chichester Harbour. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!