If you're planning a visit to Kemptown, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit the Royal Pavilion – The Royal Pavilion is a landmark of Brighton & Hove and makes for a great visit. Built between 1787 and 1823, it is an exotic palace with an Indian-style exterior and Chinese-style interior.
- Take a Walk Along the Brighton Pier – The iconic Brighton Pier stretches for a kilometre along the seafront, offering spectacular views of the sea and the city. Enjoy a variety of amusements and restaurants along the way.
- Check Out the Lanes – The narrow, winding streets of the historic Lanes in Brighton are a must-see. The area is full of independent shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as some of the city's oldest buildings.
- Explore the South Downs – Kemptown is close to the beautiful South Downs National Park, making it an ideal spot for exploring nature. Follow the South Downs Way for spectacular views of the countryside, or simply enjoy a leisurely stroll.
- Visit the Sea Life Centre – Take an underwater adventure at the Sea Life Centre in Brighton. Learn all about the creatures that live in the sea and even have the chance to feed them.
- Take a Trip to the Beach – Kemptown is just a few minutes away from the beach. Spend the day sunbathing, swimming or playing beach volleyball.
- See a Show at the Theatre Royal – The Theatre Royal is one of the oldest and most iconic venues in Brighton. See a variety of plays, musicals, stand-up comedy and other performances.
- Visit the Kemptown Village – The Kemptown Village area is full of colour and character. Explore the small independent boutiques and cafes, or just enjoy the atmosphere.
- Take a Boat Trip – Enjoy the sights of Brighton from the sea by taking a boat trip. You can get a great view of the Royal Pavilion and the pier, as well as the South Downs.
- Visit Brighton Museum & Art Gallery – The Brighton Museum & Art Gallery is one of the city's most popular attractions. See a variety of artworks and objects from around the world, as well as the city's history.
- Take a Tour of the Royal Pavilion Gardens – Explore the stunning gardens surrounding the Royal Pavilion. Follow the pathways and check out the exotic plants and sculptures.
- Go Shopping in North Laine – North Laine is a vibrant shopping area in Brighton. Browse the independent stores and find one-of-a-kind items, or sample some of the delicious food.
- Enjoy a Food Tour – Taste the best of Brighton's food scene on a food tour. Get the chance to try a variety of dishes, from traditional English meals to exotic flavours.
- Take a Tour of the Palace Pier – Take a tour of the iconic Palace Pier and explore its history. Enjoy the breathtaking views, and even try out some of the pier's amusements.
- Relax in the Hove Lawns – Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Hove Lawns. This green space is a great place to relax, as well as take in the views of the sea.
There are many things to see and do near Kemptown. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!