If you're planning a visit to Pevensey Bay, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Exploring Pevensey Castle — Pevensey Castle is a great place to explore and learn about its fascinating history. It was built by the Romans in the 4th century and it is the only Roman castle in Britain that was built entirely of stone. You can explore the remains of the castle, the dungeons and even the secret tunnels leading up to the keep.
- Enjoying Eastbourne — Eastbourne is a popular seaside town located near Pevensey Bay. It's a great place to head to if you want to enjoy a day out by the sea. There are plenty of attractions to explore, such as the pier, an old-fashioned funfair, the beach and its many shops.
- Visiting Herstmonceux Castle — Herstmonceux Castle is a beautiful 15th century moated castle located near Pevensey Bay. It is surrounded by a large park and beautiful landscaped gardens. You can explore the castle and take a tour of its grounds.
- Going on a Beach Walk — Pevensey Bay has plenty of beautiful beaches to explore, from the long sandy beaches of Eastbourne to the quieter coves of Winchelsea. You can take a leisurely walk along the beach and take in the stunning views of the English Channel.
- Taking a Boat Trip — There are plenty of boat trips available from Pevensey Bay. These trips can range from a leisurely cruise around the bay to a full-day trip to nearby Hastings. You can also take a trip out to the nearby Long Man of Wilmington, a chalk figure carved into the hillside.
- Visiting Bodiam Castle — Bodiam Castle is a 14th century castle located near Pevensey Bay. It is a popular tourist attraction and is surrounded by a moat and beautiful gardens. You can explore the castle and its surrounding grounds.
- Exploring Battle Abbey — Battle Abbey is a 12th century Benedictine Abbey located near Pevensey Bay. It is the site of the Battle of Hastings, the famous 1066 battle between the English and the Normans. You can explore the ruins of the abbey and learn about the history of the battle.
- Visiting Bexhill-on-Sea — Bexhill-on-Sea is a popular seaside resort located near Pevensey Bay. It's a great place to spend a day out and you can explore its many attractions, such as the De La Warr Pavilion, an art deco building which hosts concerts and exhibitions.
- Enjoying East Dean — East Dean is a peaceful village located near Pevensey Bay. It's a great place to visit if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the nearby towns and cities. You can explore its quaint streets and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
- Taking a Walk Along the South Downs Way — The South Downs Way is a long-distance footpath running along the South Downs. You can take a walk along the path and take in the stunning views of the countryside and the sea.
- Exploring Pevensey Marshes — Pevensey Marshes is a nature reserve located near Pevensey Bay. It is home to a wide variety of wildlife, including birds and insects. You can take a walk through the marshes and explore its many trails.
- Visiting Rye — Rye is a historic town located near Pevensey Bay. It's a great place to explore if you're interested in history and architecture. You can explore its cobbled streets and visit its many shops and restaurants.
- Taking a Trip to Beachy Head — Beachy Head is a chalk cliff located near Pevensey Bay. It's a great place to visit if you want to take in the stunning views of the English Channel. You can take a walk along the cliff top and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Visiting Alfriston Clergy House — Alfriston Clergy House is a 14th century house located near Pevensey Bay. It is a popular tourist attraction and you can explore the house and its surrounding gardens.
- Taking a Trip to Hastings — Hastings is a historic town located near Pevensey Bay. It is home to some of the best preserved medieval buildings in England. You can explore its cobbled streets and its many attractions, such as the castle and the Smugglers' Adventure.
There are many things to see and do near Pevensey Bay. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!