If you're planning a visit to Hastings, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Visit Hastings Castle – This ancient castle was built in 1070 and is a great place to explore and get a sense of history.
- Take a Stroll Along Hastings Pier – This Victorian pier offers stunning views of the sea and the town and provides a great place to relax and watch the waves.
- Explore the Old Town – The Old Town of Hastings is full of interesting shops and cafes, as well as many historical sites such as the Fisherman's Museum.
- Visit the Blue Reef Aquarium – This aquarium offers visitors a chance to get up close and personal with marine life from all over the world.
- Go Cycling – There are many great cycle routes in and around Hastings, perfect for exploring the local area in a leisurely fashion.
- Visit the Shipwreck Museum – This museum offers a fascinating insight into the history of shipwrecks in the area and is well worth a visit.
- Climb to the Top of East Hill – This hill offers stunning views of the town and sea and is a great place to watch the sunset.
- Visit Smugglers Adventure – This interactive museum lets you explore the world of smugglers in the 18th century.
- Take a Cruise Along the Coast – There are many boat trips available which will take you along the stunning local coastline.
- Enjoy a Spot of Bowling – Hastings has a number of bowling alleys, perfect for a fun evening out with friends.
- Explore the Local Art Scene – Hastings is home to many galleries and studios, offering a great chance to discover the art of the area.
- Visit the Observatory – The Observatory offers visitors the chance to explore the night sky and learn about astronomy.
- Go for a Dip at the Beach – Hastings has a number of lovely beaches, perfect for a sunny day out and a dip in the sea.
- Go Shopping – The town centre offers a great range of shops to explore, from boutiques to high street chains.
- Take a Trip to the Countryside – There are many beautiful countryside walks and trails in the area, perfect for a peaceful day out.
There are many things to see and do near Hastings. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!