If you're planning a visit to West Wittering, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Beach Fun – Enjoy a day of sunbathing, swimming, and beach games in the stunning West Wittering beach.
- Watersports – Enjoy a range of watersports such as kitesurfing, windsurfing, and paddleboarding on the nearby Chichester Harbour.
- Hiking – Explore the beautiful countryside surrounding West Wittering on foot.
- Cycling – Take a bike ride along the South Downs Way for spectacular views.
- Golfing – Test your skills on the 18-hole golf course at the nearby Birdham Pool Golf Club.
- Sightseeing – Visit the nearby town of Chichester to see its impressive cathedral, old city walls, and boutiques.
- Shopping – West Wittering has a number of independent shops selling unique gifts and souvenirs.
- Dining – Sample the delicious local cuisine at any of the restaurants and pubs in West Wittering.
- Art – Visit the Pallant House Gallery in Chichester to see works of art from the 17th century to the present day.
- Nature – Take a walk in the West Wittering Nature Reserve and admire the variety of wildlife.
- Wildlife Watching – Spot a variety of wildlife at the nearby Fishbourne Channel Nature Reserve.
- Pevensey Castle – Explore the remains of this medieval castle, which was once the site of William the Conqueror's first landing in Britain.
- Arundel Castle – Visit this stunning castle in the nearby town of Arundel to discover its history and architecture.
- Boating – Take a boat trip along the River Arun to enjoy views of the surrounding countryside.
- Paragliding – Enjoy a thrilling paragliding experience in the skies above West Wittering.
There are many things to see and do near West Wittering. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!