If you're planning a visit to Holywell, you'll find that there are plenty of things to see and do in the surrounding area. Here are just a few ideas to help you make the most of your trip.
Please let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions!
- Nature walks – Stretching along the south coast of England, Holywell offers plenty of opportunities for nature walks. Enjoy the beautiful views of the South Downs as you explore the area's many coastal paths, fields, and woodlands.
- Beachcombing – Take a stroll along the beach at Holywell and spend some time beachcombing. Enjoy the salty sea air and search for interesting seashells, driftwood, and other beach treasures.
- Bird Watching – Holywell is a popular spot for bird watching. Look out for the rare little egret, peregrine falcon, and other avian species found in the area.
- Shopping – Holywell offers a variety of shops for visitors to explore. Shop for souvenirs, clothing, and local delicacies at the local shops.
- Visit castles – Explore the ruins of the ancient castles near Holywell. Visit Herstmonceux Castle, Arundel Castle, or Bodiam Castle for a glimpse into the area's rich history.
- Sightseeing – Visit some of the local sights, such as the Seven Sisters chalk cliffs, Beachy Head, and Eastbourne Pier.
- Golfing – Hit the links at Eastbourne Golf Club or explore the courses at Royal Eastbourne Golf Club.
- Cycling – Enjoy a leisurely ride through the countryside or take a more challenging route along the South Downs Way.
- Dolphin Watching – Take a boat tour and look out for dolphins, porpoises, and seals in the waters off Holywell.
- Boating – Rent a boat and go fishing, explore the coastline, or just relax and enjoy the views.
- Visit the vineyards – Sample some of the local wines at the vineyards near Holywell.
- Historical Sites – Discover the area's history with a visit to Battle Abbey, the site of the Battle of Hastings, or the National Trust property, Batemans.
- Hiking – Follow one of the many hiking trails in the area and take in the stunning views of the South Downs.
- Camping – Pitch a tent and camp out in the countryside. Take a break from it all and enjoy the fresh air and peaceful surroundings.
- Pubs and Restaurants – Enjoy a meal at one of the local pubs or restaurants in the area. Sample some of the local cuisine and enjoy a relaxing evening with friends.
There are many things to see and do near Holywell. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or outdoor activities, you'll find plenty of ways to enjoy your time in the area!